Minecraft is as enjoyable to play as there is not any other video game. It has many features to make it more inspiring, but sometimes Minecraft won’t run, displaying a failed to download file Minecraft error.
You can resolve the issue with a simple trick that you have to apply to get the game to load.
Minecraft is the most popular game that users are more than 120 million over the world. If you are a Minecraft lover, you have been immersed yourself in the Minecraft blocks environment. And you have faced game problems at some points.
Although it’s an old error, it still pops up and is problematic when you open Minecraft in Twitch.
Read about: How to Find Buried Treasure Minecraft
Failed to download file, the file contents differ from what was expected. Name: jna-4.4.0.jar
This error can be rise when you try to play Minecraft from the official launcher or its folder. This issue occurs on the Window and Mac. Both users have experienced the error, and the one single solution for both is identical.
How to Fix Minecraft Failed to download file, contents differ from what was expected?
- Copy and Paste the link in new browser you have found in the URL as shown in error.
- Download the file now.
- Go to the file path mentioned in error (the path differs from one to another user, but it starts with /Users/*Your Username*/Library/ so on.).
- In the particular location, find out the .jar file installed originally (some users complain that the file is missing).
- Drag and drop the file here you’ve recently downloaded (replace the .jar file that you have already found there).
- Now start the game again. It will begin to smoothly.
Remember that the error has been noticed with multiple versions of Minecraft – 4.4.0.jar, 4.5.0.jar, or 4.6.0.jar.
So the solution should be resolved to the version you were using.
This quick and straightforward solution will fix your error, and you will enjoy your wanted game.