If you love to stream with Spotify and error code Auth 73 irritates you during streaming. Here are the simple fixes to resolve the Spotify error code auth 73.
Causes of Spotify Error Code Auth 73
The error can be due to restrictions in your region, proxy settings, or a firewall. No matter the reason with your Spotify streaming, first understand the cause and then apply relevant fixes to resolve the problem.
How to Fix Spotify Error Code Auth 73
All fixes are approved and 100% working; you must identify the reason for applying a suitable fix. These fixes will resolve errors during Spotify streaming.
Reselect the country
According to many users, the region is the first cause of the error; during your traveling, when you didn’t change your current location or from settings by mistake, you chose any other region or country. So first of all, you need to check if the region is correct, or in your travel to a different country. Change your region in Spotify setting with this simple method:
- Open the app and log in to your account with the credentials
- Tap on the profile image
- Choose Account, and a new page opens here
- Under the profile, click to edit profile and select your current country or region from the drop-down menu option.
- Choose to save
- Now restart Spotify and check if the error is still there.
Read about: Spotify Wrapped not Working, Spotify Shuffle Sucks
Change Proxy Settings
Incorrect proxy settings also lead to the Spotify error code auth 73 because you can connect to the server or the internet using a proxy server. So the Spotify app setting is different from your device. Change the proxy setting to resolve the error with this simple process:
- Open the Spotify app
- Sign into the account with your credentials
- From the right pane, tap on the Settings
- Navigate to the middle pane and go to the Proxy settings
- From the drop-down menu, choose No Proxy
- Click on save to save the information and close the app
- Restart the app again to check the error.
Disable 3rd Party Proxy
If you are using any third-party app for proxy, it can cause an error, so you need to disable a third-party proxy with the below-mentioned method:
- Open the window settings by pressing the Win+ I key
- Choose the Network & Internet, and choose the proxy
- Turn off. Use a Proxy server from under the Manual proxy setup
- Now restart your PC and start Spotify. Now check for errors.
Allow Spotify from Windows Firewall
Firewall settings create an issue with PC apps; it works as a security layer but also blocks some critical app processes. It can create Spotify error code auth 73.
- Allow Spotify from the Windows Firewall with this simple process:
- Go to the Control Panel by clicking the Start icon
- Move to Security, then Windows Firewall
- Select Allow an app through Windows Firewall
- Tap on Change Settings and search the Spotify app
- Make sure Public and Private both options are checked
- Tap on Ok and then restart your PC
- Now open Spotify and check for the error.
Deactivate VPN and Uninstall 3rd Party VPN
Virtual Private Network(VPN) sometimes can lead to the Spotify error code auth 73. If you disable VPN and uninstall the 3rd party VPN, it can resolve the error. The procedure is here:
- Open the window settings by pressing Win + I
- Select Network & Internet and then select VPN
- Turn off the feature Allow VPN over metered networks
- Now restart PC
- Open Spotify now and check for errors.
If the error is still there, then Uninstall 3rd party VPN with this process:
- Go to settings and select apps
- Search the VPN app and tap on it
- Tap on the uninstall
Uninstall and Reinstall Spotify
If you have applied all the processes to fix the Spotify error auth 73 and still facing the problem, then the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall the Spotify app. This process will eliminate the issue on the app’s current version. Updating and downloading the app’s latest version removes the issue, as the latest version is free from the Spotify error code auth 73.
Spotify is a most loving platform for streaming lovers. Best video streaming with podcast and playlist music. But it irritates you when you see a Spotify error code auth 73.
But you can resolve the problem in minutes with this guideline; if you face any other problem or still have this error, you should contact Spotify Support; they can resolve all your Spotify-related problems.