Microsoft is the most popular spreadsheet tool, a part of the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Unfortunately, sometimes you face an occasional error. Here you will learn about to resolve this issue.
When you use the Microsoft Excel online version, you face the Retrieving data, wait for a few seconds and try to cut or copy again error. This error occurs when a user wants to move copied data into their PC.
Most users complain when they try to copy data from Excel Web App to desktop Excel then display a message “Retrieving data. Wait a few seconds and try to cut or copy again.”
So try the given guidelines below to resolve the problem. Then wait for a few seconds and then try to copy again.
How to fix retrieving data. wait a few seconds and try to cut or copy again Error?
Download and open Excel file in Microsoft Office
- Open Excel sheet to download.
- Tap on File , then choose Save as (Download As).
- Choose the Download a copy from the options.
- When the File is downloaded, open it with the desktop version of Excel.
- You can now copy/paste the data without retrieving any data error.
For this process, Microsoft Office should be installed on your System. If you don’t have access to MS Office offline version, then do this.
- On Android Phone, open the Play Store.
- Find the Microsoft Excel.
- Click the Install to download and install the Excel app for mobile.
- When installed, send the downloaded File to the smartphone and open it with the app.
- Now without any issue, you can make changes to the datasheet.
Deselect and reselect the data
- In the Excel web app, deselect the select data that you want to copy/paste.
- Deselect everything and wait for a while.
- Now select data and copy again and paste it into the external application.
- Once the Excel file completes sync, it enables the user to paste the data without any problem.
- This time, you may try more than one time to resolve the issue.
This is not a long time solution; you may face this error again after this process.
Change your web browser
- If the issue is still there, try to use another web browser.
- Try a different browser and launch the File in Excel web app.
- Copy data and try to paste it into an external app.
The Retrieving data. Wait a few seconds and try to cut or copy again error in Microsoft Excel can be fixed by downloading and opening the Excel file in the desktop version of Microsoft office. Changing the web browser is also very helpful to resolve the problem.