Microsoft is the most popular spreadsheet tool, a part of the Microsoft Office suite of programs. Unfortunately, sometimes you face an occasional error. Here you will learn about resolving Retrieving Data. Wait a Few Seconds and Try Again Excel issue.
When you use the Microsoft Excel online version, you face the Retrieving data, wait for a few seconds and try to cut or copy the error again. This error occurs when users want to move simulated data into their PC.
Most users complain when they try to copy data from Excel Web App to desktop Excel and then display a message “Retrieving data. Wait a few seconds and try to cut or copy again.”
So try the given guidelines below to resolve the problem. Then wait for a few seconds and then try to copy again.
Read About: Failed to Download File, the File Contents Differ From What Was Expected
How to fix retrieving data. Wait a few seconds and try to cut or copy again Error?
Use MS App on Your PC or Transfer via Android on Your System
to open a file with .xls extension Microsoft Office installation patch is required on your system and the program installation. An Open Excel file of interest in the app. Tap on the File tab and then tap on Save As/Download As.
- From the list of options, choose Download a copy.
- Once the download is completed, open it on the Microsoft Excel desktop.
- To make all activities successful, install the version of Microsoft Office on your OS.
If you cannot download the app on your PC for any reason. Download it on your smartphone and transfer to your PC.
- This is a simple process.
- Open the Play Store app on your Android phone.
- Find the app by typing Microsoft Excel in the search bar.
- Download the app by clicking on the download icon and waiting for the installation.
- Once installation is completed now, transfer the .xls file from your PC.
- Now start working with the Microsoft Excel extension file without any issues in the application.
Download and open Excel files in Microsoft Office
- Open the Excel sheet to download.
- Tap on File, then choose Save as (Download As).
- Choose Download a copy from the options.
- When the File is downloaded, open it with the desktop version of Excel.
- You can now copy/paste the data without retrieving any data error.
For this process, Microsoft Office should be installed on your System. If you don’t have access to MS Office offline version, then do this.
- On Android Phone, open the Play Store.
- Find the Microsoft Excel.
- Click the Install to download and install the Excel app for mobile.
- When installed, send the downloaded File to the smartphone and open it with the app.
- Now without any issue, you can make changes to the datasheet.
Deselect and Reselect the Data
- In the Excel web app, select the data you want to copy/paste.
- Deselect everything and wait for a while.
- Now select data and copy again and paste it into the external application.
- Once the Excel file completes sync, the user can paste the data without a problem.
- You may try more than once to resolve the issue this time.
This is not a long time solution; you may face this error again after this process.
Change your web browser.
- If the issue is still there, try to use another web browser.
- Try a different browser and launch the File in Excel web app.
- Copy data and try to paste it into an external app.
The Retrieving data. Wait a few seconds and try to cut or copy again. The error in Microsoft Excel can be fixed by downloading and opening the Excel file in the desktop version of Microsoft office. Changing the web browser is also very helpful in resolving the problem.
This error is standard, and many users face it. Here we suggest the best and easy solutions fix the Retrieving Data. Wait a Few Seconds and Try Again Excel Error. Apply all the solutions one by one, and you will eliminate this error.