Origin is one of the famous game stores used to buy, download and manage games it has to offer. Although it is well-known that the users experienced various errors while using the tool, Origin error code 9:0 is one of them.
The error usually occurs while updating the tool, and then you can’t use the latest version. It also happens on buggy beta releases and appears on the regular client. Below are mentioned some methods to fix the Origin error code 9:0.
What are the Main Causes of Origin Error Code 9:0?
- Antivirus blocking the installation is another leading cause of this error. Many users have experienced and shared that Malwarebytes might cause this error. So reinstalling the Origin from scratch can resolve the error if during updating tool fails.
- The leading cause of this error is missing or faulty NET Framework installation. So to avoid this error, always install the latest version of NET Framework installed in your System and make sure to download and install it from the Microsoft website.
Recommended: Hulu Error Code 2(-998) and 2(-975)
Use the Latest Version of NET Framework
NET Framework offers a lot of modern games and programs when installed on your System and depends on you having it installed. Most of the games on their own NET Framework installation as auto-installed, or you get prompt with installation guidelines. Below are the procedures to install it on System.
Click here to open the site and tap on the red download icon to download the Microsoft latest version. After download, the NET Framework has finished. Now find out the recently downloaded file and run it. Here you need to follow on-screen guidelines to complete the installation process.
- After installing the latest version, now check its integrity. Press the Windows + R simultaneously to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in “control.exe” and open it by clicking OK.
- Tap on the Uninstall a Program option, then tap on Turn Windows features on or off. Ensure you find out the .NET Framework 4.x.x entry and ensure it is enabled. ‘x.x’ marks are the latest version available for the operating System.
- In case of check box next to .NET Framework 4.x.x is not enabled, click the box to allow it to. Tap OK to close Windows Feature, window and restart the System.
- If .Net Framework 4.x.x is enabled, clear the box and restart the System to repair .Net Framework. Once System has resumed, re-enable the .Net Framework and restart the System again.
Disable Your Installed Antivirus
Sometimes, to get permission on your System, the Origins installer faced problems performing activities required to complete the installation procedure. Here it comes to see that the antivirus program is blocking the installer.
Antivirus disabling process is quite different from one to another antivirus tool. But most antivirus programs can be disabled by right-clicking the entry in the system tray(lower right side of the screen) by selecting the disable option. Moreover, you can easily disable it by opening the antivirus interface and locating the disable shields option.
Perform a Fresh Origin Installation
When you face the error problem during updating the Origin or using a beta client, you can resolve the error simply by reinstalling the Origin from scratch and then trying again. The files you have installed will not remove but cannot play until reinstalling the Origin.
- First of all, you should be logged in with an admin account because you won’t be able to uninstall programs using any other account credentials.
- Their process will not remove the files, so it is unnecessary to keep the backup.
- Now tap the Start menu and open the Control Panel to find it. Or, to open the settings, you can tap on the gear button; Windows 10 users can do this.
- In Control Panel, choose the View as: Category at the top right corner, then under the program section, tap on the Uninstall a Program.
- Using the Settings app, tap on the Apps, and it immediately opens a list of all installed programs on the computer.
- On the list, find the Origin entry and once tap on it. Above the list, tap on the Uninstall icon and confirm any appearing dialog boxes. Follow the on-screen guidelines to uninstall Origin and then restart the computer.
Once done, delete the Origin’s data on your System by following the guidelines below.
- On your computer, go to the following location by opening the Windows Explorer then tap on This PC:
- If the ProgramData folder is not present, turn on the option to view hidden files and folders. Tap on the “View” tab on File Explorer’s menu, then tap on the “Hidden items” checkbox in the Show/hide section.
- In the Roaming folder, remove the Origin folder.
- From Origin official website, download the installer and reinstall it. Run it from the Downloads folder and follow on-screen guidelines. Now you will not face the problem.