Foods are great blessings without foods there is no any concept of better lifestyle. Although we know many things about it, food advantages, nutrients but some foods have some shocking facts, must know about that facts.
- Honey is the only food that will never go bad, it can last 3000 years.
- Poultry is the most used meat in America
- On average, one ear of corn has 16 rows and around 800 kernels.
- Coffee discovered by Arabs, they were happy to their discovery and refused to allow fertile coffee seeds to leave their country. So, a seventeenth-century Muslim pilgrim Baba Budan smuggled seven seeds out of Arabia and planted them in India. And these seven seeds coffee spread in the world from seven seeds.
- 42 coffee beans are required to make an espresso.
- Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water. It just acts as a sponge, capable of absorbing up to 15 times its own weight in water and making a person feel full longer.
- Cacao trees produce cacao beans for 25 years but the life of cacao tree is 200 years.
- If you will eat Eight strawberries, you will take more Vitamin C than an orange.
- When McDonald’s was open in Kuwait shortly after the end of the Gulf War, the seven miles long car line was waiting to eat.
- Mangoes are famous for their reputation as an aphrodisiac in countries such as Guatemala and India.
- 25 Million are working for the coffee industry around the world.
- The famous chocolate bar “Three Musketeers” is popular due to three individual bars. When it was introduced in 1932 there were flavors of strawberry, chocolate and vanilla.
- Water is the most consumed beverage in the world and the tea is the second most widely consumed beverage in the world.
- The Dutch were the first Europeans that take initiative in the coffee trade. They imported coffee plants in their colonies from Malabar coast of India, those days it was called the Dutch East India and present-day Indonesia.
- There are more than 600 various pasta shapes.
- Once the peaches were famous as Persian apples.
- Navel Oranges called with this name because the bottom of this type of orange resembles a navel or belly button.
- In the 1600s thermometer was filled with brandy instead of mercury.
- In 1800s ketchup was used in medicine to treat diarrhea with other things.
- Cloves are such ingredient that used in Ayurvedic medicines, Chinese medicines and western herbalism and dentistry, and its oil is used as a painkiller for dental emergencies and some other disorders.
- Onions are very important antioxidant, and they having the properties of anti-allergy, antiviral and antihistamine.
- One-year sold Nutella jars can cover the Great Wall of China 8 times.
- Peanut oil can be used to produce glycerol, it can use to make nitroglycerine, and this explosive liquid that can be used in dynamite.
- Corn Flakes were invented in 1890 when Dr. John Harvey Kellogg and Keith Kellogg set about creating a nutritious cereal for the patients of a health resort.
- Pretzels invented for the Christian Lent and its twists are to resemble arm crossed in prayer.
26. In 1875, Swiss Daniel Peter discovered a method of mixing condensed milk, made by his friend Henri Nestle, with chocolate to make the first milk chocolate.
27. A cacao tree produces on average 2500 beans, but it takes a cacao tree four to five years to produce its first beans.
These are unique tips and tricks that provide you the information about foods that some of us don’t know before reading it.