While playing games, if you are using a PS4 console device and it makes a loud noise from its fan, PS4 is a powerful device and supports more than 3000 digital games in its game library. Compatible with Switch, Nintendo’s Wii U, and Microsoft.
Besides these qualities, there are some hardware issues with PS4. So if you are facing PS4 loud fan problem, you can fix it with these solutions.
Why is My PS4 Fan So Loud?
So the question is, why is PS4 loud? The first thing can be due to hardware problems. This problem can be solved by a built-in ventilation system that already built-in fans help maintain the ConsoleConsole to a normal temperature and cool down it. Some other reasons can be like:
- A faulty fan makes the ConsoleConsole overheat faster and makes unusual noises. If the fan has a problem, replace it with a new one that suits your PS4.
- Suppose your device is kept in such a place where dust can enter inside the PS4. So the ventilation problem of the devices can be dust.
- A loose screw can cause rattling noise from the ConsoleConsole.
- If you use games and apps with 4k resolution or more, then the Console works more to manage the resolution. The fan is loud because it works hard to regulate and cool down the Console’sConsole’s temperature.
How to Fix PS4 Loud Fan Error
These are the simple fixes you can easily apply:
PS4 Need a Well Ventilated Area
PS4 has cooling events at the back and sides; if the vents are blocked, these overheat the ConsoleConsole and make fan noise. So remove the things from the top and sides of the ConsoleConsole and check if the issue is resolved. To avoid it, put your ConsoleConsole in a cool place. This supports Console’s cooling system and may fix your loud fan noise error.
Use Compressed Air
First, cool down the ConsoleConsole before compressed air due to preventive measures. Use a soft brush to clean the dust from the Console’sConsole’s vents. Otherwise, the simple method to clean dust from the console vents is using compressed air. There is no need to open the Console’sConsole’s casing.
PS4 Vertical Position
Sometimes putting position can be a cause of loud fan sound. However, PS4 is designed in a Horizontal position, the best gaming experience when placed horizontally. You can check it by changing the position vertically. Because according to players, the PS4 vertical position can solve the PS4 loud fan sound.
Clean Up the PS4 Console From Inside
In the end, if your PS4 loud fan noise is still there, you need to clean the PS4 ConsoleConsole by opening it. So first, unplug the device for a few minutes to avoid the electric shock. Then remove all the Torx screws by using a Torx screwdriver.
Steps are mentioned below to open the PS4 and clean it from the inside:
- Remove all outside screws by using a Torx T8 or T9.
- From the back of the PS4 remove all four screws and put aside the plastic cover.
- Here you will see the Console’s fan. Clean all dust properly with a soft brush or compressed air.
- Once done, go over the vents to clear all dust and debris.
- Now leave ConsoleConsole open for half an hour, so the excess gas and liquid from the compressed air evaporate.
- After half an hour, return the plastic cover with Torx screws.
- Now turn on the ConsoleConsole and check if the error is removed.
Note: If your PS4 is warranted and you are facing this issue during the warranty period. Then it would help if you visited the Authorized Service Centers since they can resolve and fix the error for free.
Loud fan noise inside the ConsoleConsole is a critical problem. It comes due to hardware problems and can resolve as early as it can detect. Here mentioned guidelines help you determine the loud fan noise in your PS4.