FFVIX is an award-winning MMORPG set along with the Final Fantasy universe. Here, you will know all the many troubleshooting steps to resolve The Lobby server connection error 2002.
This error is standard, and many users face this issue, and this error occurred not on any specific system setup.
Follow the below-given guidelines and 2002 error FFXIV fixed within a few minutes.
To play this game, an internet connection is compulsory as Final Fantasy XIV is a multiplayer RPG. So with ffxiv lobby server error 2002, the FFXIV gamer couldn’t be connected to that game’s lobby.
It is irritating for the gamers and makes the users disappointed when they want to play the game when they want or when they get free time. Sometimes, the inability to download patch files in this game can cause this error, as some users experienced.
So if you are facing an error like then, you can fix the error 2002 in no time and enjoy your game by following the steps below.
The error appears as:
The lobby server connection has encountered an error.
As irritating as it is, you can now resolve the problem as you are at the right place to explore this topic, and you will be able to fix it with expert experience.
Continue reading to find out the information related to fixing the error disappear once and for all, and be able to launch your wanted FFXIV game.
How to fix the FFXIV error 2002
Restart the Router
Although this is an obvious step, the server connection error can be due to a problem with internet connectivity, or the server is not online from the developer’s side.
To ensure that the dreaded 2002 error isn’t due to the network, this action performing will help you out.
First of all, restart the router. Power off it and then unplug the router. Wait for 30 seconds, so wholly close all the router’s settings and packets.
After this process, plugin and turn on the router again.
If you are still facing the error, then apply the following method.
Allow FFXIV through the firewall
Error 2002 sometimes be because of a firewall blocking FFXIV’S internet connectivity, so you can resolve the problem by modifying the corresponding settings.
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey to check if the FFXIV is allowed through Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the search box, type firewall.
- In search results, tap on Windows Defender Firewall to open the control panel applet.
- To open the Allowed application window, tap on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Tap on the Change settings icon to adjust the options
- If the FFXIV is not listed, then tap on the Allow another app option.
- Tap Browse to choose the FFXIV EXE file.
- Tap on the Open then Addsbuttons.
- Choose the Private and Publiccheckboxes for FFXIV.
- Tap the OK button
Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
To make sure it is not blocking FFXIV, you can turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- For this process, open the WDF Control Panel applet as outlined within the second resolution.
- On the left of the WDF applet, tap the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- On the Customize Settings window, choose the two Turn off Windows Defender Firewall options.
- Choose the OK option, and close the firewall applet.
- With the firewall, off trying to play the FFXIV.
Uninstall third-party antivirus software firewalls
- Uninstalling an installed antivirus utility is the only way to know that a third-party antivirus firewall is not blocking the FFXIV.
- For this process, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to launch it.
- Type the appwiz.cpl in the Run and tap OK to open the Windows’ uninstaller.
- Choose the third-party antivirus software.
- To remove the antivirus utility, tap the Uninstall and Yes.
- After uninstalling the antivirus software, Restart the Windows.
Before uninstalling the third-party antivirus utility from its context menu, you can also disable it. On its system’s try icon, right-click to open the context menu, and it will include the options for the antivirus software.
Choose to disable the antivirus software there until the restart. If still the error 2002 is not fixed, uninstall the utility as mentioned above.
Uninstall the WTFast software
- Error 2002 can be occurring due to the WTFast internet utility. To uninstall the software, open Programs and the Features applet as outlined for resolution the four.
- Right-click on the WTFast, then choose the Uninstall option.
- Tap Yes to confirm and uninstall the software.
- After uninstalling the WTFast, restart your system.
Connect to the Internet with Ethernet cable
Reviews from the users show that error 2002 can be fixed by connecting to the internet with cables. If you are using an Ethernet port and cable on your system, try connecting to the internet.
Connect the router to the system with an Ethernet cable and then play the FFXIV. If you can’t use an Ethernet connection, use other methods, as many solutions. As error 2002 sometimes occur due to server maintenance. Server maintenance announcements you can check at FFXIV.