Here is all about Verizon router yellow light fixes. A solid yellow light on your Verizon Fios router indicates the absence of internet. Version Fios Routers are considered the most efficient routers that use a 100% fiber connection and the latest WiFi standard for wireless connections.
Although this is an irritating thing, you can resolve it on your own. First, you should find the reasons for the yellow light on the Verizon router error.
Causes of Verizon Router Yellow Light Error
The leading cause of this error is a network outage from ISP or related to bugs on your Fios router, other common reasons are:
Faulty Ethernet Cable
Fios Extender is in pairing mode
Know about: PS4 Controller Yellow Light 4 Easy Fixes
Method to Fix Verizon Fios Router Yellow Light Issue
Power Cycle the Verizon Router
The immediate and quick solution to this error is power cycling your router, as the leading cause of the Verizon Fios router yellow light is due to bugs and glitches. It is a quick and risk-free solution that re-initializes the router’s all components.
You can power cycle your Verizon router in the following way:
- Keep your Verizon router on and unplug its power cable from the socket.
- About 1 to 2 minutes wait, now to drain its power.
- Now plugin the cable back and router switch turn on.
- Now check the router light is white.
- Make sure your device is connected to an internet connection
Check the Faulty Ethernet Cable
Loose, damaged, or connected to the wrong port cables can cause internet outages. Ensure all the cables are correctly working, especially cables into your router, from the ONT. Keep these steps in mind while checking a cable.
- The cable from the wall jack with the white Ethernet/WAN port.
- other devices that are connected to the router must be connected to the yellow LAN ports
- The coax cable must go from the coax outlet to the coax port on the router if you have Fios TV.
- Make sure the coax cable is firmly screwed in.
If there is still any problem, replace the damaged cable or connections.
Overheating Router Issue
Router overheating is often a cause of the error, check if the router is overheating, then relocate it to a cool place. Avoid such things that make your router heat up, like avoiding direct sunlight, and don’t place it near heating instruments or vents that can heat your router quickly.
Pair Your Verizon Router and Extender
If Fios extender yellow light shows, it is trying to pair with the router. Press and hold the front button of the router and extender for five to ten seconds to enter both devices in pairing mode. Both devices paired successfully when blinking blue light will show.
Reset the Verizon Router
Router resetting will restore all configurations to their factory default and mistakenly change settings.
Verizon router resetting method:
- Keep the Verizon router switched on, and the reset pinhole button will be at the back of the router above the Power Port.
- Press and hold the button for twenty to twenty-five seconds using a sharp pin’s edge. The router will turn off now and reset.
- Once done, set up the Verizon router and check the Verizon Fios yellow light problem status.
Contact Verizon Support
If all the above fixes fail to resolve the issue, contact Verizon support. They will analyze the problem and send a technician to fix the issue.
As Verizon Fios router is the best one, but its yellow light issue irritates you. Above mentioned fixes will resolve the problem on your own. If not, then Verizon Support will resolve the problem, so don’t waste your time contacting them for support.