Are you a regular Kodi user and irritating with Kodi buffering? Kodi buffering is now not a big issue, and there are ways to stop Kodi buffering simply. Here are three easy tips for quick Kodi buffering fixes during the Kodi installation.
It isn’t delightful while facing buffering during your favourite content, and you spend the most time waiting. But these 3 Kodi buffering fixes resolve your installation problem.
Although the streaming addons buffering create a problem, some fixes can help you stop Kodi buffering or can low this problem.
Why Does Kodi Buffer
There can be different reasons for Kodi buffering; here are some of them I mentioned below. If you are facing buffering issues due to these problems, then you can resolve them quickly.
- Network connectivity Problem
- Slow Internet speed
- Network congestion at the source
- Limited bandwidth from the streaming source
- Kodi cache settings not optimized
- Internet Service provider’s internet speed throttling
You can face buffering problems with any addon or streaming. But the biggest problem you have to face when you use any third party addon such as Incursion, Covenant and legal add-ons can create this problem.
How to Fix Buffering Issues on Kodi
If you want to resolve the Kodi buffering problems, then you have to investigate these issues.
- Make sure the internet speed is good
- The internet speed is enough good for the site you are using
- If there is any speed issue, then select the lower streaming quality
- Ensure the streaming source is appropriately running and up
- Check if there is any server issue
- Install a new Kodi version
- Clear the Kodi streaming cache
- Check the Internet Service provider internet speed throttling
- Try different streaming addons
- If detected any throttling problem, then use a VPN
Know in detail how to get Kodi to stop buffering
Slow Internet Speed
- For fast streaming, you need a fast internet connection. You need the following steps to stream the content.
- A required internet speed- 0.5 Megabits per second
- Required broadband connection speed – 1.5 Megabits per second
- For HD quality internet speed required – 5.0 Megabits per seconds
- For SD quality, you need – 3.0 Megabits per second
- If you want Ultra HD quality, then required – 25 Megabits per second
If more users are accessing one streaming source, this will decrease the speed, resulting in buffering issues.
If you want to stream the content with Kodi, then you need a 5 Mbps connection. This can give you some relaxation in the situation of alarming internet speed. With the slow internet connection, you have to face some interruptions during HD quality streaming.
Internet connectivity problems
Your internet speed is 5.0Mbps. You are facing the buffering issue, then check the internet speed test to see the numbers. If the speed is best and according to the above values, then there can be these issues.
If you are using wireless internet, then move the device near to the wireless router. It might be you are losing the signal integrity. The Wired connection may resolve your buffering problem as the wired connection will reduce the problems along with low signal integrity that is due to away from the router. It provides you with a fast connection. In this way, the setup will be tethered in one place.
If there are connected more devices, then make sure to close them that are using the bandwidth. When you approach other devices, then Kodi will not slow.
If there is not an internet issue, then the below guidelines will help you out.
Most common Kodi Buffering Issue: Video Cache
As Kodi users know, oftern kodi buffering while a small video cache or full video cache results. Kodi buffering issue can be resolve by following these tips.
- To adjust the cache setting, must use the Wizard, like Ares or Indigo Wizard
- To cache the old files, also use a Wizard
- Stream the video on the same site to check the new settings
- Till the buffering end, adjust and clear the cache
- After the cache clearance, if you are still facing the problem, then find out other causes
You can download half of the part of the video instead of a complete video. You can save the half part in intermediate storage called a cache. If you face any internet problem, then a streaming video will freeze after the part of the saved video in cache is played from start to end. If you keep a video for buffering and pause it, then only some seconds of the video will load. It can be due to a small cache.
If you want to play a video without buffering from start to end, the stored part of the video must stay ahead of the video part already playback. You can ease more videos by increasing the size of the cache that allows your device RAM.
With the use of Kodi, it is to optimize the cache settings to fix the buffering problems.
Here you can know how to fix cache settings with an addon
Optimize cache settings with Supreme Build Wizard and Ares Wizard
- add “areswizard.co.uk” to source in the File Mange and suggest a wanted name
- Navigate to Add-ons>Add-on browser>Install from the zip file, and after the head open the folder named
- Now select the script.areswizard-XXXXX.zip and wait till the addon installed notification received
- In the Addons>Program addons, open the Ares Wizard to start it.
During the cache setting with Ares Wizard, select Tweaks by following the Advanced Settings Wizard and provided guidelines and prompts. Ares Wizard will inform you of the following points.
- You can get the best cache settings according to the device Kodi is using on.
- The best cache location is the RAM of the device.
- By default, Kodi uses 60MB of RAM.
By clicking the Next in Advanced Settings, Wizard will create custom settings for the available device.
Now click the Generate Settings to review the recommended settings.
Now select the Apply these settings and then restart the Kodi to apply the changes.
In the same way, mentioned above you can use the Supreme Builds Wizard. You can install the Wizard by clicking this link.
Tip 2: Fix the HQ scaler
This fix is just for video stuttering and frame dropping that can show to be buffering. It is not for too much buffering.
To adjust the HQ scaling, follow these instructions:
- Go to the main Kodi menu, tap on the Settings at the top left of the gear symbol.
2. tap on player settings
3. at the bottom of the gear icon, ensure the settings option is set to Expert
4. On the right side, under the processing, find out “Enable HQ scalers for scaling above”. This is set to 20% by default. But it can be lower by reducing the amount of scaling which occurs. You can reduce the 10% and can check how that effect frame was dropping and stuttering. If there is no need to fix it, then you can reduce it lower to 0%.
If you want to stream 720p or lower in high quality, you have to set the HQ scaler on a certain percentage, along with 20% being the optimal setting.
You may also close the Hardware Acceleration, which can be there below the option of HQ scalers in the settings screen. From the CPU to the GPU, the Direct X accelerator will send some videos decoding process. Start this on and off create a good impact on the stuttering and frame rate drops.
This setting is helpful only with lower-powered systems. If you have a high powered system, then you don’t need this setting.
Tip 3. Use VPN to Protect from ISP Blocking
As the local ISP has blocked many websites in different regions, the buffering issue and low-quality video occur. If you want to fix the buffering problem of Kodi in the areas where websites are blocked, you should use a Kodi recommended VPN.
Why should you use a VPN to stop buffering issues? A VPN with a Kodi screen help you out to encrypt the screen data and push it via server from a different location in an ideal way. In this way, the VPN helps you stop the ISP from throttling on data and improves the Kodi speed. The VPN or IPVanish can use for browsing on Kodi.
Although you will see many VPN but not all working equally, IPVanish is the best choice for excellent protection it can use with Kodi. It is a fantastic internet privacy provider during streaming, and it keeps the IP secured. It is also the best option to protect your data. IPVanish is best to protect the data from online data stealers.
Additional options on Kodi Buffering may require new equipment
If you have applied all the above tips about how to stop buffering on kodi and are still facing the buffering issue, there can be a hardware compatibility issue with your device.
The slow system with many Kodi build and addons installed can slow down the system and cause buffering issues. In this situation, remove the new addons, look for Kodi forks, and make fast streaming.
In this situation, you may use some of the alternatives to Kodi. You may use some video streaming apps from the Apple app store and Play Store. You can also get some other options for Firestick, Android TV and mobile.