Kodi 19.0 was finally released in Feb 2021 after the development years. The new version of Kodi brings a lot compared to the previous major Kodi versions, and the new version left various Kodi lovers without their wanted add-ons. So, the Kodi developers continue their struggle and successfully release the latest version of Kodi 19.1 ‘Matrix.’
All the Kodi users know very well how little updates work and what is on the presentation. The new Kodi 19.1 ‘Matrix’ version fixes the performance issues and bugs and gives a more inspiring user experience overall. Most Kodi 19.0 elements have been improved and are accessible on all supported platforms.
The best feature of the Kodi 19.1 version is the application accessibility on Xbox consoles. Moreover, you can get Kodi 19.0 from Microsoft Store; since its launch, Kodi 19.1 can be accessed on almost every Xbox console; let’s see in detail what else is changed.
Recommended: How to Setup PPTV VPN Windows 10
- Fixed: In Linux, playback the optical DVDs.
- Fixed: BD-J Blu-ray chapter skipping with remotes or keyboard.
Fixed: Now detected the HDR metadata in VP9 profile two streams usable on all the platforms that support HDR passthrough and touch-tone Kodi mapped during this type of video streaming.
- It was fixed while controlling the Kodi with a very basic remote; the context menu was not accessible in PVR Guide.
- Fixed the issue of client channel number and name not persisted whenever changed.
- I fixed the crash issue while browsing the EPG by using MySQL as EPG.
- Fixed the Resume issue, the recording position, and the play count lost after the Kodi Restart.
- I fixed the issue of the channel manager not appropriately renaming the backend channel.
- Fixed the playing archived program while opening the Guide window that was not selected.
- Fixed the GUI issue that was not updated on insert, hide, removal or unhide of the channel groups.
- Updated the appearance of PVR windows in the Estuary
Fixed the PVR issues by reintroducing the broadcast properties ‘hastimer’, ‘hastimerrule’, ‘hasrecording’, ‘recording.’
Fixed the VPR issues by reintroducing the channel property ‘is recording’
Fixed the issue of system fonts detection on Windows ASS subtitles
Fixed the Kodi render method of the semi-transparent ASS subtitles on the Wayland
Updated the Chorus2 build on community shares.
Fixed the media flagging for the DVD/BluRay
Updated: Improve the NFS platform filesystems and HTTP reliability.
updated For the network filesystem, enable the file caching.
Updated: Improve the file cache error handling
- Added: Support for the WS Discovery protocol, which enables the locating of SMB servers, browsing, and shared folders by using the SMBv3.
- Added: Video of the debug info. Extends the current Debug info Player (Ctrl+Shift+O) and the latest video-only information (Alt+O).
- Fixed: Some unusual streaming issues and incorrect HDR metadata can be passed (HDR10 passthrough).
- Fixed: green screen on the system along with old HW (DX feature level 9.1) playing the 10-bit videos
- Fixed: the black screen, Software render method, and DXVA2 hardware acceleration disabled.
- Fixed: the green screen while playing some DVDs’ menu (Just MPEG2 SD).
- Fixed: Credentials being requested for the anonymous SMB shares. Updated: VC run times were added in the installer to add compatibility with VS2019 and VS2017 simultaneously.
Fixed: SMB shares mounted on the system level are invisible in Kodi.
Fixed: The SMB shares are labelled with a cryptic number (UUID) rather than the actual disk name.
So, this is also not the complete change provided by Kodi developers for Kodi 19.1 Matrix. You can learn more about Kodi 19.0 and 19.1 by using this GitHub.
If you like the new Kodi 19.1 ‘Matrix’ version, you can download the Kodi 19.1 ‘Matrix’ Download, select the platform you want, and reinstall the Kodi.
If you do not find Kodi 19.1 immediately, then you can install Kodi via Apple’s App Store, Google’s Play Store, and Microsoft’s Store.
Znzir is the best information platform that brings you all the news and updates without wasting time.