The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, first published in 2015, is a role-playing action game developed by Polish developer CD Projekt Red. This is a sequal of Witcher 2 and, in series, a third addition.
The Game is getting the highest popularity opens its release due to its open world and pretty graphics. Its side quests and unique story make it a more loving and amazing Game to play.
While playing the witcher 3 players face error with multiple mods
There are many mods available for this Game, but most of the users complain about an error they are facing, that is, “script compilation error” the players face this error when playing certain mods of the Game. Here you will know. Why error occurred and how to the Witcher 3 script compilation error fix.
Read about: How to Reset World of Warcraft’s User Interface
Causes of Script Compilation Error
witcher 3 script sources create a problem for players with multiple game mods, you face the error when you try to use the mods in Game, leading to two causes of this error. That is:
If you have installed multiple mods of the Game, and they have a different version like the 1.30 and 1.31 versions, in this situation, they can be conflicting with each other.
Outdated or Faulty mods Version
You are trying to install the mods version “1.30” and if the version of the GOTY is “1.31”. You might face an issue with the gameplay even if not script compilation error occurs because the “1.30” version of mods override some features of the “GOTY 1.31” version.
Here are the steps mentioned below, and after that, surely you will be able to use all mods with games without creating any problem.
How to Fix Witcher 3 Script Compilation Error
Fixes 1: Update the Mods and Game
If you have updated the Witcher 3 game with the latest GOTY edition and the mods are of the“1.30 version,” you can face the script compilation error or some problems with game features. These errors can also occur if the Game is not on the “1.30” or “1.31” version. To fix it in this way.
- Installthe base game
- Then Download the Day 1 Patch here
- In same way, download the “10 Patch” here
- Download 22 Patch here
- Download 24 Patch here
- Download 30 Patch here
- Download 31 Patch here
- After downloading all the patches, put all patches in one folder.
- Now Install the Day 1 Patch by double-clicking on the patch.exe
- A pop-up will open up; tap on Update
- install the Day 1 Patch will auto-install For Game.
- Repeat this process for all Patches (install all of them in order) you want to install.
- When done, your Game is now updated to the 1.31 version, and the script compilation errors that were due to the game version should be removed.
- Make sure the mods you are downloading are of 1.31 version properly work for them.
If you don’t want to download the other mods, then skip step 14. Here is the second solution that will resolve the mods problem related to all versions.
Fixes 2: Apply Unification Patch
If the Game and mods have different versions and don’t want to update, apply the Unification Patch; it will resolve the problem as it was released later. Here is all about how to apply the patch step by step.
- Download the Unification patch here.
- When downloaded, Copy the “Content” and the “Mods” both in-game folders.
- Don’t forget to select Copy and Replace.
Remember: before apply this solution, the Game should be updated with its latest version, as the process details mentioned in the previous solution.
Fixes 3: Merging Mod Scripts
Here is a software that will resolve the scripts compilation error by merging the scripts together and resolving the conflict problem.
- Download the Script Merger and Run the script merger witcher 3.
- Choose Witcher 3 directory by clicking on “…” at the upper right side corner.
- Tap onrefresh in Conflicts, and it will show the conflicts in the mods.
- Now choose the Mods and Tap on the Merge Selected Script.
- Now the number of Conflicts will show here in the scripts and the ones that are automatically resolved are also the ones that need to be resolved manually. Click on
- Now the top words A, B and C These three words are the names of the three columns. Also, below appear the output column.
- Yellow lines are indicators of conflicts that require manually resolving, so to fix them on the Output Column, down the scroll and find the line that shows Merge Column and is highlighted in yellow Right-click on it. Now see the A, B, C columns and what the actual code is highlighted in yellow. As shown in this picture in column C.
Here click and choose Lines From column C
- The lines from the column C automatically used. The conflict is solved now, tap on the File and Save.
- Now close window and a message will appear and say Merge Finished tap on the OK
Definitely now the error will solved now
If the error is still not resolved, repeat the fixes mentioned above until the conflicts are resolved. This fix will resolve the disputes between the script of two mods by merging together their scripts and confirming that the merged script enables you to use both mods without conflict.